Cuyuna Family Camp
Escape to where your values meet value…
Cuyuna Family Camp offers a chance for seclusion at a facility that isn’t over developed. It is located on Lake Pickerel in a heavily wooded area approximately 30 miles north of Brainerd and four miles north of Cross lake. With 684 acres the camp boasts beautiful wooded areas and is known for its birch and pine trees. Cuyuna is strictly for families of Scouts so you can expect all campers to observe the Scout Oath and Law in their camping practices.
Here is an opportunity for families of BSA registered Scouts to experience first hand what summer camp is like at Cuyuna! Spend time at the BB Gun range, test your ability at the climbing tower, experience nature on a hike, grab your gear and take time for fishing. Cuyuna Scout Camp will be open for your enjoyment.
- The camp is blessed with five large lakes that are home to many large and small mouth bass, northern pike, walleye and a variety of pan fish.
- Lake Pickerel features row boats and canoes. Campers have access to all of the water equipment and are encouraged to bring their own boats as well. (15 hp motors or smaller.)
- Geocaching — An entertaining adventure in where you use your GPS unit to hunt for treasure.
- Shower house facility with flush toilets and modern amenities including electricity at Campsites.
- Miles of trails for hiking, biking and nature walking.
- Features a trading post with all your camping needs: ice, bug spray, camping gear, food and more. (Only open during the Scout camping season.)
- Rangers and host families on duty to assist campers.
Cuyuna Family Camp
38594 Co Rd 3
Crosslake, MN 56442
Family Camp Dock
Swimming at Water front
Family Camp Cabin
Fully furnished cabins are available or simply pull in your camper.
RV's or Campers Welcome
- Convenient campsites with electricity.
- Living Room of fully furnished cabin.
- Shower house facility with flush toilets and modern amenities.
Cuyuna Scout Camp Location
Cuyuna Scout Camp is located in a heavily wooded area approximately 30 miles north of Brainerd, MN and 4 miles north of Crosslake, MN on HWY 3.
The camp is 684 acres and borders on six lakes. Cuyuna Scout Camp offers a chance for seclusion at a scenic facility. The camp has 14 individual campsites and several outpost camp areas.
Need driving directions? Click here for directions from Google Maps.
Distance to Cuyuna
- Fairmont – 298 mi
- Redwood Falls – 193 mi
- Mankato – 217 mi
- Austin – 257 mi
- Jackson – 325 mi
- Windom – 240 mi
Want To Make A Reservation At Cuyuna?
At least one adult in your group MUST BE BSA registered to reserve the cabins. It doesn’t matter if you are new to using Cuyuna or a long time visitor. It doesn’t matter if you are at Cuyuna for a relaxing visit or plan to volunteer your time working at various jobs. Eagle Scouts – new and not so new – everyone must be BSA registered.
Families like to use Cuyuna Family Camp cabins to get away. By having a person become BSA registered we are able to do a background check. Our goal is to have every adult on site at Cuyuna be BSA registered – Twin Valley Council needs to know who is using our facilities. We are also not licensed or insured to be a campground, we are a Boy Scout camp. So again, the need to be BSA registered becomes important.
Contact Camp Cuyuna
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Scout Executive Ray Brauer.
Any questions about BSA registration can be directed to Janelle at the Twin Valley Council Center for Scouting 507-387-3123.