Scouts BSA Activities
Cuyuna Summer Camp Registration
Early Bird due date is June 1, 2020
“Rendezvous” Summer Camp 2020
- Cuyuna Camp Director; Steve Knuth 507-525-3149 or email@example.com
- Cuyuna Ranger; Tom Stober 507-387-0299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Scouting; Shelley Corry 507-387-3123 or email@example.com
- Scout Executive; Ray Brauer 507-514-3922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 26-28, 2020: OA Conclave and camp work weekend
- June 24 – July 4, 2020; Staff Week
- July 5-11, 2020: Week 1
- July 12-18, 2020: Week 2
- July 19-25, 2020: Week 3
- July 26-August 1, 2020: Week 4
- Northwoods Webelos Camp: August 2 – August 5, 2020
Twin Valley Council is looking forward to having a great camping season this summer. As promised at the last Zoom meeting, below please find a copy of our plan to have a fun and safe summer camping experience. Also below, please find instructions on how to make face masks.
As stated during the Zoom meeting, this plan is subject to and will most likely will change before the start of our camping season. With ever changing guidelines from the CDC and local, state and national governments, we will need to be flexible. It is our plan to provide updates frequently.
If you’d like to watch the recorded Zoom meeting from April 2020 CLICK HERE.
- 2020 Leaders Guide
- Annual Health and Medical Record Summer 2020 Exception
- Annual Health and Medical Record Form
- Cuyuna Application 2020
- Authorization for minor to handle firearms and archery
- Cuyuna Fees 2020
- Campership Application
- Medication Card
- Model Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist
- Release of Liability
- Unit Equipment Checklist
- Unit Swim Classification Record
It’s Scout Night With The Moon Dogs
Scout Night With The Moon Dogs
Friday, August 7 – Saturday, August 8, 2020
Franklin Rodgers Park, Mankato
$15 per person
Optional campout $5 per person
Due to COVID-19 we are adjusting our summer schedule. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The staff have been working to change the event program and conform to CDC guidelines for health, safety, and social distancing requirements. We are also working on policies and procedures to ensure a fun, healthy, and safe event.
It’s time for our annual Scout Night With The Moon Dogs! Join us on Friday, August 7, 2020, when the Moon Dogs take on the Duluth Huskies. Your $15 fee includes your ticket to the game and tailgate party. Tailgate party begins at 5:30 p.m. and will offer hot dogs, chips and drink. First pitch is at 6:35 p.m.
You can now own a piece of the fun! Order your very own “Scout Night at the MoonDogs” t-shirt for an additional $10 (more for larger sizes). T-shirts are non-refundable and you must register by July 22, 2020.
Following the game, set up your tent in the infield, enjoy snacks, and other fun activities. Cost for the overnight is $5 per person. After a light breakfast in the morning, you’ll be on your way home by 9 a.m.
This event is open to the entire family; so invite grandparents, friends and the little ones too!
This event is held rain or shine unless otherwise canceled by the Moon Dogs. If the game is cancelled and not rescheduled due to weather or season cancelled due to Covid-19, your $15 fee is fully refundable. T-shirts however, are non-refundable.
All persons attending any portion of this event must complete parts A&B of the Health Form. Form can be found on the registration page.
For those wanting to order t-shirts, your registration is due by July 23, 2020.
Those attending tailgate, game and or camp out, your registration is due by August 2, 2020.
Questions please contact Liz Paul at 507-387-3123 or email@example.com
Reserve Your Site At Cuyuna 2020
Welcome to the new Cuyuna Camp reservation process!
We are excited to offer this fantastic new system of registering for your 2020 Cuyuna site.
With this being a new process for all of us, it is extremely important that you read and follow the instructions below.
Camp Matrix. It shows you which campsites are available. More importantly this year, it shows you how many attendees and/or units are allowed per site. In 2020 you may find your unit sharing a site with another unit. You will see the Camp Matrix once you click the “reserve your site button”.
Reserving Your Site.
- Click the green button for the week you are requesting.
- Click “continue as a guest”
- You will be asked to estimate the number of youth and adults attending Cuyuna 2020. Even though this is an estimate, it is important to make it realistic. Make the estimate too high to block another unit from sharing the site, and you’ll need to pay for those reserved sites come registration time. Make it too low, and the site may be overfilled.
- Click the green $100 fee button
- Sign in as a guest by entering your name and email
- On the next screen it will show you a red “Update Information” button; click it
- Select your unit number and enter your phone number
- In the campsite preference box, you will see the max number of participants per site.
- Select your choice.
- Click save
- Click the red “Book Registration” button
- Enter your payment information and complete your transactions
Couple of items to note:
The $100 Pre-Registration Deposit is the terminology of the site and not Twin Valley Council. The $100 collected during this transaction is a site fee and is not applied toward your participant registration fees for 2020. This is no different than it ever has been. This fee is refundable until March 1, 2020. Sites are reserved only with full $100 payment.
The most important detail of this process. Registering for summer camp is now a several step event. It is imperative that units save the email received when selecting your site. This email contains your registration number which will give you the access needed to enter participant names, make payments, select merit badges, etc. next May. Please save the email.
Units, both in Twin Valley Council and out of council, who are enjoying summer camp at Cuyuna in 2019 may choose their site beginning Monday, June 24, 2019, at 9 a.m.
Units not camping with us, both in Twin Valley and out of council, must wait until August 15, 2019, to register.
As always, if you have questions or issues please call Shelley