Twin Valley Council Challenge
October 15-18, 2020
Twin Valley Council challenges you to complete the 4 Day – $500- Online Direct Sales Challenge! Do you have what it takes to do it?
Every Scout who sells $500 during the four days of MEA using Online Direct sales will receive a prize.
- Scouts in grades 3-12 will receive a Twin Valley Council pocketknife
- Scouts in grades K-2 will receive a Twin Valley Council flashlight
Important Popcorn Date
The following is a list of important dates to remember for Popcorn 2020. Check back frequently for additions!
- Saturday, August 22, 2020 Popcorn Kickoff
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 Popcorn Orders due for Show ‘n Deliver
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 Popcorn distribution to units from distribution site
- Saturday, September 19, 2020 Popcorn sale begins
- Monday, September 21, 2020 2nd opportunity to order product
- Friday, October 2, 2020 Popcorn pickup; product ordered September 21st; Center for scouting
- Monday, October 5, 2020 3rd opportunity to order product
- Friday, October 16, 2020 Popcorn pickup; product ordered October 5th; Center for Scouting
- Sunday, October 25, 2020 Popcorn sale ends
- Monday, November 2, 2020 Final popcorn orders due
- Friday, November 20, 2020 Popcorn distribution to units from distribution sites
- Friday, December 11, 2020 Popcorn checks cashed
Webinars for Adults and Popcorn Kernels
Trails End has made multiple webinars to help you succeed with Popcorn 2020. We all know with Covid-19, popcorn sales will look different this year. These webinars not only will give you tips to help sell during this time but will also go over the important details for the app.
For a full listing of dates and times Click Here You will be sent a link with how to access the webinar. You must register for these webinars so please sign up early as space in each session is limited.
Anyone is welcome to attend any of the webinars. Some of the audiences for the webinars are
- District Kernel training
- Popcorn Kernels in units with sales between $0 – $7,500
- Popcorn Kernels in units with sales between $7,500 – $20,000
- Popcorn Kernels in units with sales over $20,000
- Scout Parents & Scouts who sell $1,000
- Scout Parents & Scouts who sell over $2,500
Show ‘n Sell Site Sign Up
Twin Valley is working with various businesses in the Mankato area to secure locations for Show ‘n Sell Sites.
With Covid-19 many business are waiting until September to approve sites. When things are finalized, we will create a “sign up genius” type system for units to select dates, times and locations.
Confirmed locations include: Pet Smart Mankato and Walgreen’s North Mankato
Locations that have passed on the opportunity are: Casey’s (all locations), Hobby Lobby, Scheel’s.
Cabela’s in Owatonna has opened it’s doors to Twin Valley Council, Gamehaven Council and Northern Star Council. All units are welcome to sell product at their location in Owatonna. Each unit must submit the below required agreement prior to operating their booth each day. Dates available cover all 3 Councils (Twin Valley, Game-haven, and Northern Star) sale dates allowing anyone to sell during this time. Also below is where tables can be set up, Cabela’s will provide 2 tables and 4 chairs when done each evening the tables and chairs may be folded and sat neatly in the corner in the vestibule.
Date and time slots are first come first served.
Helpful Resources for a Successful Popcorn Sale
Below are some links and documents you may find useful to help you with your sales.
Twin Valley Council Information
- Show ‘n Sell Allocation Spreadsheet
- Case Counts and Pricing
- BSA Registration and Commission Climb Dollars
- Commission Climb
- Popcorn Supply Order Form updated
- Product Ordering and Return Policy – please read carefully
- Order Form
- Video of Zoom Popcorn Training for adults on August 22, 2020
- 2020 Kernel Guide FINAL
- Trail’s End Rewards One Pager
- Trails End App Detailed Instructions (Video)
- Trails End App Video
- Trails End Popcorn Community Facebook Group
- Trails End Questions and Answers
- Trails End App Q and A
- How to Enter Storefront Sales in App
- Store front App
- Wagon Sale Directions App & Portal
- Wagon Sale and Online Direct to Customer
- 2020 Unit to Scout Kickoff Presentation – FINAL