National Jamboree 2023 “Forward”
July 19-28, 2023 (Twin Valley Council trip will be July 16-August5, 2023
Summit Bechtel Reserve, Glen Jean WV
$3,000 per youth
Jamboree is more than a destination. It’s the adventure of lifetime. And there is simply nothing else like it on the planet.
What’s a Jamboree? It’s not camp. National Jamboree is 360-degrees of fun, friends and fellowship with hands-on adventure that takes you places you never thought you’d go and challenge you to try things you never thought you could.
It’s the beginning of your own heroes’ journey that will challenge you to go farther than you ever thought possible. You’ll reach deeper and lift yourself higher to become the best version of yourself.
Twin Valley Council Trip
The theme for Jamboree 2023 is “Forward” signifying that Scouting is progressive, inclusive and moving ahead. As always, Scouting provides the path for young adults, the destination is their choice.
Exact details of the trip along with transportation arrangements and cost have not yet been secured, but we are anticipating the cost of the Jamboree trip to be approximately $3,000 per youth. Depending on final costs of travel, lodging, food, touring and including the actual fee charged by the jamboree, we do not anticipate the final cost to increase or decrease by more than $200-$300 from our initial estimate of $3,000 total.
We are committed to a contingent made of 36 male Scout BSA members and 8 female Scout BSA members, along with 4 male adult leaders, 2 female adult leaders.
Confirmed Jamboree Leadership as of today include:
- Shawn Pomeroy – Contingent Leader, TVC Board Member, Scoutmaster for Troop 85 in Waseca.
- Michael Krediet – Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 29 in North Mankato and Charter Rep for Pack 12 in Mankato
- Jay Striemer – Scoutmaster Troop 69 in Sherburn, Camp School trained
- Becky Sandquist – Scoutmaster Troop 8 in Mankato, Camp Cuyuna staff, Camp School trained.
We are still in need of one additional female leader and male leader (both over 21). If you are interested in interviewing for either of these positions you can contact Shawn Pomeroy at email@example.com.
The 2023 National Jamboree is open to any Scout BSA youth ages 12-18 at the time of the Jamboree. To accommodate those who missed the Jamboree due to Covid, those Scouts who are 18-20 year old will be able to participate as well. Same fees as youth Scouts apply.
If you are interested in attending we are accepting deposits on a first come first serve basis until the Jamboree contingent if full. We will then start a waitlist. Deposits and fees are not refundable.
- Reservations deposit $100
- December 31, 2021 $500
- March 31, 2022 $500
- June 30, 2022 $500
- September 30, 2022 $500
- December 31, 2022 $500
- March 31, 2023 $400 or remainder of total contingent fee.
Questions can be directed to Shawn Pomeroy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamboree Information Update May 2022
As of today, the jamboree website and there are 446 days until the start of Jamboree 2023. That sounds like a lot of time, but there is lots to do and prepare for.
Here is your “To Do List” for May
- National Jamboree website is up and running. Lots of great information can be found on the site. National Jamboree 2023 Website
- It’s time for everyone to become officially registered for the Jamboree.
- When you registered on the twinvalleybsa.org site, you saved your spot in the Twin Valley contingent and made it possible to make payments through this site. That is perfect! However, that site does not link to National, and the National Jamboree team needs to know you’re attending!
- To officially register for the Jamboree, go to and complete the application. National Jamboree Registration Site
- The two most important to remember are
- Each youth needs to have a my.scouting account to register for Jamboree.
- If youth does not have such an account, please create an account before moving forward to the jamboree application. my.scouting.org
- You will need to have your BSA member ID number to complete the my.scouting account. Call the office at 387-3123 and talk to Julie or Shelley to get this number.
- It takes 24-36 hours for the my.scouting account to sync so do not create an account in my.scouting and register for jamboree on the same day.
- DO NOT USE AN ADULT MY.SCOUTING ACCOUNT (SUCH AS A PARENTS ACCOUNT) TO TRY TO REGISTER A YOUTH, YOUTH MUST HAVE THEIR OWN ACCOUNT!
- Deadline to have everyone officially registered is June 1, 2022.
- The two most important to remember are
- Payments. At this time, each youth should have a remaining balance due of $1,900. We have several who are behind. There was a $500 payment due on March 31, 2022. Please bring your account up to date asap. Call Shelley if you have questions.
The next $500 payment is due June 30, 2022.
- Currently we have 6 spots available in the boy contingent and 5 in the girl contingent. Please spread the word within your troop so we can fill our spots!
Dates to Remember
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – Jamboree meeting from 9am – 1pm. Location to be determined. Watch for details
- Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7, 2023 – Attendance strongly encouraged. Jamboree shakedown. Cedar Point Scout Camp. Watch for details
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 – Attendance strongly encouraged. Jamboree final meeting. Cedar Point Scout Camp. 6:30 – 8pm