Cub Scout Leader Experience – Two Dates/Two Locations
Saturday, August 28 – Sunday, August 29, 2021 at Norseland
Saturday, October 2 – Sunday, October 3, 2021 at Cedar Point
11am Saturday – 9am Sunday
Join us for a new approach to training! It’s a Weekend Camping FAMILY AFFAIR!
We are offering an in-person Cub Scout position specific leader training for all Cubmasters, Committee Chairs, Committee Members and Den Leaders. All Cub Scout registered leaders can be fully trained in one afternoon, leaving the rest of the weekend for family time!
In addition to this essential training for adults, Scouts BSA youth will also be able to do Den Chief training. This will provide Scouts interested in becoming a Den Chief hands-on experience working with Cub Scouts.
While the adults are in training, your Cub Scouts and siblings grades K+ will be participating in games and activities. Bring them along for a full family event.
This event is free to everyone but there are things you should provide for your family.
For those who are not planning to spend the weekend, you are free to check-out anytime after the campfire (about 7pm)
Schedule of events
- 11 am – Den Chief Training check-in
- 11am – 1pm Den Chief Training
- Noon – Adult and family check-in
- 1 – 4pm Leader Training and Cub Scout Program
- 5pm Campfire and very light dinner
- Immediately following campfire, those not camping for weekend can check-out at their convenience
What to Bring
- Camping Gear
- Personal Gear
- Clothing appropriate for weather
- Closed toed shoes
- Class A uniform for training sessions
- Cub Scouts can wear Class B uniform
- Food & Water; we will provide a very light supper. Families should plan accordingly
- Snacks for during training
- Water Bottles
- Bug Spray and Sun Screen
Registration for this event is required and closes on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 for the Norseland location.
Registration for the Cedar Point location closes on Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
Question please contact Alex Osterberg at 920-570-2319 or email@example.com