Powder Horn – Two Opportunities!
Powder Horn Training Powder Horn Training
Friday, July 23 – Sunday, July 25, 2021 July 30 – August 1, 2021
Parker Scout Camp, Nisswa, MN Camp Cedar, Fremont, NE
$150 per person $225 per person (July 1 deadline)
Space limited to 32 adults; 16 youth
The Powder Horn course is a hands-on program designed to help introduce and give youth and adult leaders the contacts and tools necessary for outdoor/high-adventure activities of a fun and challenging nature. The course provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully lead youth through a program of outdoor adventure and is based upon giving participants an exposure to some outdoor/high-adventure activities.
Session options may include: Outdoor Ethics, Expedition planning, Backpacking, Shooting Sports, Emergency Preparedness, Conservation, Weather, Geocaching, Orienteering, Sailing, Watercraft, SCUBA, Wilderness First Aid & Survival, and more. Both locations offer similar sessions but not identical. If there is something specific you are interested in, please see event details.
This course is designed for Youth Leaders, age 14 or older; New or Experienced Adult Leaders, to increase their awareness of outdoor program opportunities; Unit Commissioners, provide new resources to units served; Cub Scout Leaders, looking for ideas and getting ready to transition to a Troop/Crew; any other registered Adults that may have been sitting on the sidelines.
Participants Qualifications include:
- Must be registered with the BSA
- Adults must be trained in their position
- Youth must be over age 14 and completed unit’s version of leadership training (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops, Ships or Crews)
- Previous attendance at NYLT is recommended for youth as well
- All participants must complete Youth Protection, Hazardous Weather, Safety Afloat, Safe Swim Defense and Climb on Safely. These are online classes that must be done prior to Powder Horn
- All participants must meet the physical requirements contained in the Annual Health and Medical Records. Parts A, B & C are needed (which requires Dr. signature) Health Form 2021 Parts A, B, C
To register for this event Click Here