Cub Scout Adult Training – Leaders and Parents
Monday, May 18 AND Thursday, May 21, 2020
(must attend both to be fully trained)
7 – 8:30p.m.
Your home via Zoom
Every youth deserves trained adult leaders. Training is for ALL parents, not just leaders.
Training has a lot of benefits:
- Training is for all parents, not just leaders
- Less time spent on planning Scouting meetings and activities
- Knowing what resources are available and where to get them
- Understanding the purposes of Scouting and how to ensure your program is the best it can be
- How to put the “outing” in “Scouting”
- How to make Scouting “Fun with a Purpose”
Here is an upcoming opportunity to take training for Cub Scout Leaders and Parents. Registered leaders are encouraged to take the training associated with their position, but anyone is free to take any training:
Training will be offered for:
- Den Leaders and Assistants (Must attend both Session 1 and 2)
Pack Committee Members (Must attend Session 1)
This will be hosted by the Twin Valley Council and facilitated by the Twin Valley Council’s new Training Chair, David Kosmatka. David will be joined by some experienced leaders and parents who will give their first-hand accounts of how they’ve created an awesome Scouting program.
To register CLICK HERE
Additional virtual and in-person training will be offered in the future. If you would like to take on-demand training, visit https://my.scouting.org and log in or create an account if you don’t have one. Once in, click on the image for the “BSA Learn Center.” If you don’t see that image, then click on “Menu,” then on “My Training,” then on “Training Center.” From there you can navigate to the appropriate training you want to take. Training is available online for all Scouting and Exploring positions.