“The Day We Honor TVC’s VIP’s!”
Sunday, April 7, 209
Hors d’oeuvres Buffet at the WowZone in Mankato, MN
$20 per person
Join us on Sunday, April 7, 2019, as we honor TVC’s VIP’s! This is a fun afternoon of Scouting fellowship. We laugh, share stories, enjoy great food and celebrate how great the volunteers are in Twin Valley Council. There will be a presentation honoring this year’s Silver Beaver Award (the highest honor bestowed upon a Scouting Volunteer).
2019 Silver Beaver Recipients are Heidi Nelson and Kevin Klanderud.
There will also be District Award of Merit presentations – all three districts are eligible to nominate volunteers. Please contact your District Executive if you’d like to nominate someone.
The best part about this event, is YOU, our volunteers, are who nominate others for these awards. This is your chance to show “that special volunteer” how much you appreciate them. A selection committee of volunteers is assembled to select the award recipients
- Cubmaster of the Year: This award recognizes that Cubmaster who goes above and beyond to ensure a quality Cub Scouting program in their pack. Laura DeWitte, Cubmaster of Pack 12 chartered to Centenary United Methodist Church, will be honored as Twin Valley Council’s “Cubmaster of the Year”. Laura helped merge three packs into one, helped recruit and guide leadership for that new pack, and led that new unit in developing an annual program plan and budget. Under her leadership Pack 12 now as more leaders, a stronger program, and is serving more youth than the 3 packs did individually.
- Scoutmaster of the Year: This award honors a Scoutmaster who goes above and beyond to ensure a quality Scouts BSA program in their troop. Dan Kotten, Scoutmaster for Troop 25 in New Ulm chartered to the New Ulm Optimist Club, will be honored as Twin Valley Council’s “Scoutmaster of the Year”. Dan is an Eagle Scout who is the Scoutmater for the Council’s largest troop with over 50 youth! Dan has worked not only to keep his troop’s younger youth active, but also his troops older youth planning many adventures that appeal to youth late in their teens. He is also very active in the Order of the Arrow. Dan has also served as Cubmaster or Pack 51 in New Ulm and the District Membership Chair for the old Sioux Trails District.
- Committee Chair/Committee Member of the Year: This award will go to the unit committee chair or committee member that gives outstanding service to their unit. Shelley Corry, Committee Chair for Pack 91 chartered to Washington Elementary School, will be honored as Twin Valley Council’s “Committee Chair of the Year”. Shelley took over as committee chair and has help grow the pack from 5 youth to over 40 youth. Through recruiting a great team of volunteers, planning a fun filled and engaging program, and funding that program solely though popcorn sales, Pack 91 has become one of the largest and most active packs in the council.
- Rookie of the Year: This is a person new to Scouting, just joining the volunteer ranks in 2018. They not only joined a unit, but hit the ground running with energy and enthusiasm. Alex Hutchens, Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 76, chartered to Christ the King Lutheran Church, will be honored as Twin Valley Council’s “Rookie of the Year”. Alex has helped the troop reach out to Arrow of Lights inviting them to join the troop, has joined the Camp Norseland Properties Committee organizing a merit badge/camp clean up weekend at camp, and has lead recruitment efforts for new Cub Scouts in Pack 91.
- Volunteer of the Year: This individual has made a tremendous contribution to Scouting in 2018. Lisa Vasquez will be honored on April 7, 2019, as the Twin Valley Council’s “Volunteer of the Year”. Lisa serves as Cubmaster for Pack 91 in Mankato, Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 4 in Mankato, and serves as the Council’s Vice President of Membership. In 2018, Lisa helped lead the council’s membership recruitment efforts recruiting over 400 new youth into Scouting, including over 100 girls into Cub Scouting, helping the council’s membership grow by 4.5% in 2018. Ten of those girls were in Pack 91. She also help start two new Scouts BSA all girl troops in February 2019. Lisa also helps on numerous camps and events including Northwood Webelos Camp, Scoutwise, Day Camp, and Resident Camp. In 2019, she will become the council’s adult leader training chair and in 2020 the council’s Vice President of Program.
Cost to attend this event, which you won’t want to miss, is $20 per person. Registration will be open until Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Questions please contact Denise Zernechel at 507-995-8115 or firstname.lastname@example.org