Nitro Cycle - An Adventure for Boy Scouts
An Older Boy Trek Program
June 10 - 16 2017
$350 per person
Nitro Cycle is an older by High Adventure Trek program that will be offered this summer as part of our summer camping program.
- at least 15 years old by June 1, 2017
- First Class rank or higher
Program Highlights Include:
Zip Line Tour in Brainerd & Croft Mine Tour
Mountain Biking in Cuyuna State Recreation Area over 100 miles of cycling on paved roads and bike trails.
Shotgun Shooting at Lakeshore Conservation Area
Horseback Riding - trail rides at Outback Trail Rides
Canoeing and Trout Fishing at Cuyuna Lakes Recreation Area.
Scouts will need to provide
- Bike (mountain bikes preferred)
You can rent on in Crosby if necessary for an additional fee.
- Bike Helmet
- Personal camping gear including tent
- Medical Form - parts A, B, C
- Firearm Permission Form
- Fishing license and Trout Stamp
- Signed Horseback Riding Waiver
- Being physically fit for the trip. The ability to bike over 100 miles in a week.
- Scout register individually on-line by March 31, 2017, with $100 deposit.
- Remaining $250 due by May 5, 2017. Payment can be sent to Twin Valley Council 810 Madison Avenue in Mankato, MN 56001
- Participation in a pre-trek meeting at Center for Scouting on April 8, 2017 from 1-3 p.m.
- Limited to the first 16 youth who register
- Plan on arriving at Camp Cuyuna by 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 10, 2017. Eat before arriving.
- Will arrive back at Camp Cuyuna by 5 p.m. Friday, June, 16, 2017 and can be picked up at that time.
- For more information contact Joe Wallschlaeger at 507-469-4319 or email@example.com
- Scout will earn the Cycling Merit Badge as part of this program
- Meals are provided as part of the cost.
- Scout will also receive a Camp Cuyuna T-shirt and patch.
Nitro Cycle Route
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What if I also wants to attend Cuyuna with my troop?
A. No problem, Scouts can attend camp with their troop and qualify for the “2nd week of camp” rate of $125.
Q. Does the unit have to provide adult leadership for youth that attend Nitro Cycle?
A. No, leadership will be provided for youth that attend.
Q. How do I become an adult leader for this event?
A. Contact Joe Wallschlaeger at 507-469-4319 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. How do I get personal gear and bikes to Cuyuna?
A. Each participant will be responsible for getting their own gear and bikes to and from Camp Cuyuna.
Q. Why is cost higher than the regular Cuyuna Summer Camp fees?
A. The high adventure activities that you will be participating in including horseback riding, zip line, trap shooting, and camping/riding in Cuyuna Recreation area cost more money than the typical week at Cuyuna.
Q. What if more than 16 youth apply to attend Nitro Cycle?
A. We will begin a waiting list and fill from a first come, first serve basis.